Whether you’re new to card games or have played other poker games at the casino, one card game that would catch your eye is that three-card poker.
In this article, we will be taking a thorough look at the three-card poker, how to play it, and the strategies to apply to have a complete grasp of what you’re either missing or should avoid.
About Three Card Poker
Since the early days of card games, there has been three-card poker. The only issue is that people sometimes consider it to be too technical when actually, it is one of the simplest card poker games you’ll ever play at a casino. Although the game is a little bit less on luck and prominent on your skill, it’s still a great game for every beginning or professional poker player.
The cool thing about three card poker is that you can play it for free at an online casino. Before you hop right into just any casino, you might want to read some casino reviews so that you don’t end up losing your money or not getting enough entertainment and fun as you’d expect.
The game is a slow-paced table game that every casino player or card game lover should learn to play. It was invented in 1994 by Derek Webb, and it has since then gotten a broad appeal and acceptance worldwide as long as casino games are concerned.
Features of Three Card Poker
The following are the features of the 3 card poker game:
- It is relatively easy to play: Derek Webb, while creating this game, had a few things in mind, one of them was to create a game that anyone would easily understand and enjoy. Well, he achieved this aim, as well as the others.
- Good payout with house edge: with the 3cardpoker, everyone leaves happy. The players get a mouthwatering payout, and the operators get a good house edge that should help keep the casino running.
- You play against the dealer: unlike the other card games you have probably played, where you play against other players, the 3 card poker is played against the dealer.
- The game is played with a standard deck of 52 cards.
- It’s a three-card game, which means that a player would play with only three cards instead of 5.
Before we move on to the actual gameplay, let’s answer a question that’s probably already burning in your heart. What are the rules for Three Card Poker?. The rules are quite simple. Thanks to Webb, they don’t need so much deliberation. Much of what you need to know has already been explained in the features.
With the three card poker, the rules are simply that you have the best hands possible. If you’re playing against the dealer, which is known as ante play, then your only aim is to beat the dealer’s hand. There’s, however, another pattern of play, which is known as the pair plus. In the pair plus bet, you’re not playing against the dealer or anyone else. You’re merely betting that you will have a pair in your hand or a higher combination.
In some casinos, the rules are stringent, and the pattern play is usually dictated to players. You would be made to play against the dealer (ante and play), or you play the pair plus bet where you must have a hand with a pair or better to win. You’re allowed to play both or choose which one you want to play in some other casinos.
Now that we know the rules and what you must do for you to win let’s now focus on getting a complete grasp of the gameplay. Before we hop right into that, did you know that you could play the Three Card Poker at an online Bitcoin casino for free? If you did, do you know that Bspin is an excellent Bitcoin casino you don’t want to look away from? Besides playing the 3 card poker, you’ll also find Cleopatra slots, Apollo games, and Betfair poker. If you’re still unsure if you should take my word for it, then read this Bspin review.
That said, let’s now move on how to play 3 card poker. The first thing you need to know is the ranking of 3 card poker hands:
- Straight: you would need three cards in sequence
- Flush: you would need three suited cards
- Straight Flush: you would need three suited cards in sequence
- Three of a Kind: you would need three cards of the same rank
- Pair: you would need to have two cards of the same rank
- High Card.
To play the game:
- The player would need to place an ante wager or a pair plus bet. They would bet that they’ll have a hand consisting of a pair or better out of the three cards they’ll be dealt with.
- Each player, including the dealer, would be dealt three cards. Remember that you are not in the game to compete with the other players. Each player is playing against the dealer.
- Each player will look at his cards (hand) and decide whether to place a play wager to compare his hand with the dealer’s hand. The play wager has to be equal to his ante wager. That’s why it’s called ante and play.
- If the player is has a hand that he believes isn’t high enough, he folds. If, however, he firmly believes that his hand is better, he places the play wager.
- If by holding low cards, the player decides to fold, it means that the player has conceded defeat, and his ante wager and his pair plus bet are given to the dealer.
- If, on the other hand, the player is sure or at least believes to some extent that his hand can stand a chance against the dealer’s hand, he would go on to place a play wager, the player would hand his cards over to the dealer who will ascertain if he has a better hand.
- The player wins and gets the play wager back if the dealer’s hand is a Jack-high or worse.
- If the dealer’s hand is a Queen-high or better and the player still has a better hand, the ante and play wagers would be paid out at 1 to 1.
- The dealer collects everything if he has a better hand than the player, not minding his hand.
Pro Tips And Strategies
You may have asked what the best way to bet in 3 card poker is, here you go.
- You should do so to not look like a novice to place a play wager when you have hands that are higher than the Queen, Six, and Four. If you have a hand lower than any of these, you should fold.
- Pair Plus is a game of luck. The player assumes that he has a better hand than the dealer, probably because he has a Queen-6-4 or higher. Don’t just ‘Play’; ensure that you compare the pay tables and choose one whose variant offers a higher payout for frequent hands.
- New players should play for free at an online casino. Don’t just hurry down to a land casino to lose money. As a new player, you must first test your hands on the game.
Three Card Poker Payouts
Here’s how you can get paid when you play 3 card poker game.
Here’s how you can get paid when you play 3 card poker game.
1. Ante bonus
To get this, you’d need:
- Straight Flush will pay you 5:1
- Three of a Kind will pay you 4:1
- Straight will pay you 1:1
As explained earlier, straight is when the dealer has a Queen-high hand, but the player still has a better hand.
2. Pair plus:
- Straight Flush will pay you 40:1
- Three of a Kind with pay you 30:1
- Straight 6:1
- Flush will pay you 3:1
- Pair will pay you 1:1
3. The Six Card Bonus Bet
This variant isn’t a different type of poker game. It’s a side bet that is played outside the usual ante-play bet. The bet is placed before the cards are dealt, and players can win up to $100,000 if the dealer and the player combine to form a nine through Ace.
- Royal Flush pays 1000:1
- Straight Flush pays 200:1
- Four of a Kind pays 100:1
- Full House pays 20:1
- Flush pays 15:1
- Straight pays 10:1
- Three of a Kind pays 7:1
There are other variants for the three card poker game like the 3 card poker prime and the live 3 card poker online. Players, however, believe that it is not as fun as playing with a real-life dealer.
Frequently Asked Questions
What are The Rules For Three Card Poker?
The rules for three card poker are simple. Players are dealt three cards, each choosing to either fold or continue playing by placing a wager.
What Are The Odds of Winning in 3 Card Poker?
The odds of winning in poker 3 card is based on your winning skill and experience with the game. It is advised that as a first-time player, you begin your journey by playing for free at Bspin so that you can understand how to play three card poker before you begin to stake your money. You can also choose to enjoy slots.lv no deposit bonus.
What is The Best Way to Bet in 3 Card Poker?
The best way to bet in poker 3 cards is on a Queen-high hand. This strategy also largely depends on what your other cards are.